RULES FOR PARTICPATING CHARITIES
Who is eligible to participate?
Northeast Florida charitable organizations that are recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) are eligible to participate in Birdies for Charity.
How does Birdies for Charity work?
- Charitable organizations solicit individuals to make a donation (minimum $20) to their organization via the Birdies for Charity program
- The individual solicited to make a donation is also given the chance to make a guess at how many birdies will be made at THE PLAYERS Championship 2021. A tie-breaker question will also be asked.
- After THE PLAYERS Championship is over, the individual who guesses the exact number of birdies made (or closest thereto) has a chance to win the Grand Prize... $10,000!
- In the event of a tie, a winner will be determined by who most accurately guesses the total number of balls hit into the water at No. 17. If there are multiple winners after the initial tie-breaker, THE PLAYERS will ask additional tie-breaker questions until a grand prize winner is determined.
Every donor must make a Birdies Guess AND answer a Tie-Breaker Question in order for their donation to be an eligible entry on a charity's Donation Report Form.
Charities may NOT assign Birdies Guesses for donors.
Capital Campaign donations are allowable when accompanied by completed Manual Donation Form.
Are there any restrictions?
- Charities may not assign Birdies guesses for donors.
- Capital campaign donations are allowable when accompanied by completed Manual Donation Form.
- Government Grants and Foundation Grants are NOT eligible Birdies for Charity donations.
- Membership dues and existing pre-arranged donations are NOT eligible Birdies for Charity donations.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR PARTICPATING CHARITIES
What is the timeline?
- Information about our 2021 program will be announced at a later time. Since our founding, our mission has been to provide charitable and economic benefits to the communities where we play. We maintain this mission even during unprecedented times and commit to working with our partners to ensure continued support of their needs.